why shop manta sleep
Napping - The Better Way to Supercharge Your Day
You’re drained. You have a million things to get done by 6:00 p.m. You’re supposed to be at your dinner reservation by 7. And there’s not enough coffee in the world to power you through.
You’re not alone.
In today’s constantly on-the-go society, feeling tired isn’t uncommon. In fact, studies have shown that over 75% of workers feel tired throughout the week. Being tired means a loss of productivity and money.
So what’s the solution?
You need to take a nap.
Did you know napping could have saved you more than $1,000 per year all while enhancing your productivity?
If you’re anything like the average American who relies on coffee to stay energized every day, a nap could save you big bucks and bring you more benefits.
Setting aside a few minutes of your day to recharge with a nap will help you get more done, and do it better.
Napping is something we should all be doing more of. And since it doesn’t take much time out of your day or cost you money every time you do it, there’s no good reason not to.
Napping - The Key Benefits that Will Make You Want to Take One Now
It’s time to stop thinking of midday naps as laziness and start capitalizing on all the benefits they provide.
Who doesn’t want to feel better for the rest of their workday? Taking an afternoon snooze can positively impact your entire day and improve your wellbeing.
Even after work, you’ll have more energy to do the things you love to do instead of crashing on the couch.
The benefits of napping are so widely recognized some cultures schedule napping into their day.
Even if your office doesn’t provide you with a designated nap break, you can catch a quick nap and experience the benefits with the right products and strategy.
And there's hope because some huge companies are catching on. Don't believe us? Check out our article: Napping in the Office? (Google's CEO Approves!).
Benefits of napping include:
- Improved awareness - you’ll have better perception of the situation.
- Increased productivity - you’ll find yourself getting more done and doing it better.
- Greater memory function - you’ll remember the facts and save time later.
- Improved learning ability - you’ll take in more information and set yourself apart from everyone else.
Taking a nap will leave you feeling energized. You’ll be ready to take on the rest of your day with renewed focus and clarity.
And you don’t need to take much time out of your day to do it either. Taking just 15 - 20 minutes to power sleep is enough to see the benefits.
But let’s face it - even once you’ve committed to taking a nap, getting to sleep isn’t always easy. But creating a comfortable environment and using the right sleep products can definitely help.
3 Smart Strategies for a Great Nap
If you’re looking to reap the benefits of napping but still aren’t sure how, give these three tips for a restful nap a try.
1. Distractions are the death of restful sleep - eliminate them and create a peaceful environment.
DO turn off your phone. Shut it off completely - even the sound of it vibrating could disrupt your rest.
DO let the people around you know you’ll be unavailable for 20 minutes.
DO wear earplugs if there’s background noise you can’t control. Memory foam earplugs are comfortable to use and will block out distracting sounds.
DO drink your afternoon coffee right before your nap - the caffeine will kick in as you’re waking up, giving you an added boost.
DO wear a comfortable sleep mask that’s able to block out all the lights. Learning how to wear a sleep mask can help you relax and fall asleep faster.
2. Get comfortable in your perfect nap position - Depending on where you are, you might need to get creative here.
- DO lie back in a recliner or reclining office chair.
- DO cross your arms on your desk and rest your head on them.
- DO try sitting in a chair backward, resting your head on the back if you’re at the office.
- DON’T completely lie down. This can signal your brain that it’s time for a deep sleep.
3. Get into a post-napping routine - to help your body come back to its awaken state.
- DO slowly move around when you wake up - try moving just your hands and feet at first.
- DO sit up slowly - getting up too fast can be a shock to your system.
- DO perform some light stretches to help loosen tight muscles. Your body will feel more alert with the improved circulation.
- DO rehydrate with a glass of water. Staying hydrated helps fight fatigue all day.
- DON’T go back to sleep. It’s time to channel that boost of energy and tackle the rest of your day!
The better your nap is, the better you’ll feel.
One of the easiest ways to improve your sleep is by using a great sleep mask.
The benefits of using a sleep mask are explained by science and sleep mask is often considered as one of the most effective tools to help people sleep, so effective that it's military-approved!
Naps are only for slackers? WRONG!
Read to discover why you should nap. 😴