Yesterday you poured orange juice on your cereal instead of milk. Last week you were late to a big meeting because you hit the snooze button too many times.
You have a million things to do and zero energy.
Have you ever stopped to think about what’s causing your problems? It’s a lack of deep sleep.
You’re not alone. Close to 40% of adults in the U.S. nod off during the day at least once a month! This common problem can put you at risk for car accidents. It can also kill your focus and lower your productivity.
Getting enough sleep is one piece of the puzzle. Sleep quality is the other piece.
Read on to discover eight signs you’re not sleeping deeply enough.
Eight Clear Signs You’re Not Sleeping Deeply Enough
1. Brain fog: Okay, back to the whole orange-juice-on-your-cereal thing. Your prefrontal cortex controls your short-term memory and attention span. If you don’t get quality sleep, you will make these silly mistakes.
2. Zero desire: If you find yourself telling your partner you’re not in the mood for sex, sleep quality could be to blame. Let’s face it, you don’t have the energy for physical activity. Poor sleep can also zap the hormones that create a healthy libido.
3. Dozing off: As stated above, a power nap is encouraged. If you can’t keep your eyes open at the office or during dinner with a friend, lack of deep sleep could be why.
4. Trouble waking up: When you’re cycling through NREM and REM properly, you should wake up refreshed. If you wake up feeling sleepy there’s a problem.
5. Weight gain: Leptin is a hormone that tells your body you’re full. When you don’t get enough sleep, leptin levels drop. This keeps you feeling hungry and reaching for the Doritos.
6. Avoiding exercise: Most days you’re so tired you can barely stand it. Running on a treadmill is the last thing on Earth you want to do. If you find yourself skipping the gym because you don’t have the energy, you might not be getting enough deep sleep.
7. You’re craving junk food: For the most part, you’re health-conscious. But lately, you’ve been craving sugary and fatty foods. When you’re drained, you may reach for a soda or French fries to get that boost of energy you’re so desperate for.
8. You have a short fuse. When you don’t get enough deep sleep, you’re more at risk of depression. If you want to stay in bed all day or can’t stop yelling at your partner, lack of quality sleep could be the cause.
If you checked “yes” ☑️ to any of the above signs, you likely aren’t sleeping deeply enough.
Learn what a healthy sleep cycle looks like and discover ways to improve your sleep quality.
What Does a Healthy Sleep Cycle Look Like?
When you sleep at night, you should cycle through different types and stages of sleep.
Sleep should leave you feeling refreshed and energized. If you’re not sleeping deeply enough, sleep products could help.
Try a sleep mask to block out light or earplugs to cancel out noise.
Sleep products help if you travel for work and need to create an ideal sleep space on the road. As for that annoying guy who keeps bumping you with his elbow? You can always ask the flight attendant to move your seat.
Feeling like you have a million things to do and zero energy?
Disclaimer: The information contained in this website or provided through our blog, e-mails, or programs is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment that can be provided by your healthcare professionals.
Video Review - Mark Webster
Manta Sleep Mask is a game changer. That’s the level of detail that's gone into it.
Video Review - Madaline Lorelle
There hasn’t really been a sleep mask I’ve enjoyed as much as this one.
Here's What Our Customers Think:
Without the [Manta Sleep Mask], I wouldn’t sleep as good. I would highly recommend it. Any other sleep mask has a spot where light comes through and you cannot wear it.
Till Carlos - Maerketing
I’m quite a light sleeper and I like how it blocks out a lot of the light. I use it to get better sleep.
Tristan King - Blackbelt Commerce
One of the most important things is that in any type of sleep mask that I use, I don’t want my eyelashes touching the mask. The Manta Sleep Mask makes sure that doesn’t happen. I would give it 10 out of 10.
Chris Kim - Hilltop Stores
There hasn’t really been a sleep mask I’ve enjoyed as much as this one. The comfortable Micro-Velcro never gets caught in my hair and it is easy to adjust. Manta Mask is definitely mine.
Madaline Lorelle - Couple's Quest
[Manta Sleep Mask] is a game changer. That’s the level of detail that's gone into it.
Mark Webster - Authority Hacker
Overall, this is a great product to help you sleep through the night. If you're not into sleep masks, then maybe not. For me, I've used sleep masks for years...[Manta Sleep Mask] just gives total darkness.
My favorite thing about the product is, it’s light blocking without being too tight. I can put [Manta Sleep Mask] on in a firm way where it is actually blocking light without me not feeling good.
Zak Columber - Gingerbread Marketing
I absolutely love this mask! It’s an absolute game changer. It is super comfortable and I have never had any issues falling asleep with it.
I have probably used about 8 different styles of sleep masks. The reason Manta Sleep Mask is my favorite is because of the separated eyepieces. It stops light from getting in.
Added to cart!
Spend $x More to Unlock FREE Shipping toSpend XX More to Unlock FREE ShippingFree Shipping UNLOCKED!Spend $x to Qualify for Free Shipping!You Have Achieved Free ShippingFree Shipping For Over $x toSpend $x More to Unlock Free ShippingFree Shipping UNLOCKED!Spend XX More to Unlock FREE ShippingFree Shipping UNLOCKED!